By bike: Independence Hotel is the ideal place to enjoy the great outdoors

The general manager of the Independence Hotel by Dara, Eap Boun Kean, extends the warm welcome of the famous seaside resort, with the “Grande Dame” the ideal escape from the rigors of modern life to relax in a charming and calm.

Set in 35 acres of unspoiled natural beauty, with a mile-long beach of golden sand and rocks and an infinity pool overlooking the sea, the Independence Hotel is the perfect place to relax and unwind. pamper, and escape the stress of the urban landscape.

“Independence Hotel is Sihanoukville’s signature hotel with our history and location, and with only 157 rooms on our 35 acres of land, we have a warm atmosphere that cannot be matched.

“When you stay at the Independence Hotel, you are only five minutes from the beach, the forest and the swimming pools. Guests here love walking and cycling in our idyllic setting, and being so close to nature and our beautiful beach.

“One of our greatest assets is that here you can enjoy the outdoors to the fullest in safety – cycling and walking enjoying our green spaces and the fresh air, and the health benefits what it brings,” Boun Kean said.

Independence Hotel by Dara General Manager Eap Boun Kean.
Heng Chivoan

MICE – meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions – tourism is a key part of the Preah Sihanouk provincial authorities’ master plan for the city, and Boun Kean said the Independence Hotel is well equipped in this area.

“The Independence Hotel is a MICE and business hotel, and as such we are very well placed to attract MICE tourism, and we regularly host some of the biggest names in the business sector.

“Having recently organized the East Asian Seas Congress 2021 – the largest regional event held after the lifting of Covid restrictions – will testify to this. We were honored to have hosted 11 countries, including China, North Korea, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Philippines, South Korea, Singapore, Timor-Leste and Vietnam, for a such an important international event.

“And from January 16 to 22, we will also co-host the ASEAN Tourism Forum,” Boun Kean said.

And while well placed to meet the demands of future tourism, Boun Kean said the Independence Hotel is not straying from its original purpose – to allow people to enjoy Cambodia’s beautiful coastline.

“Currently, our clients are 90% Cambodian, while the remaining 10% are expats and foreigners – and our professional staff will give you the warmest welcome and ensure you have the most enjoyable stay.

“With accommodations starting at $80 and up, Independence Hotel is within the range of most budgets. Staying here is affordable and very good value for family and individual tourists.

“For less than $200, a family can stay here for a few nights with meals and relax in our tranquil surroundings — and enjoy all we have to offer,” he said.

Content Image - Phnom Penh PostHotel offers a range of accommodation. Heng Chivoan”/>
The Independence Hotel offers a range of accommodation. Heng Chivoan

Built in 1963 to celebrate Cambodia’s independence from French rule 10 years prior, and reflecting the optimism of the times, Independence Hotel – nicknamed “Prampi Jawn” (seven stories) – was the tallest building at the time of the Kingdom.

Legendary Golden Age singer Sinn Sisamouth, the “king of Khmer music”, was the guest, and former US First Lady Jackie Kennedy – a guest of King Father Norodom Sihanouk in 1967 – stayed in the presidential suite which now bears his name.

Designed by French architects Leroy and Mondet, the hotel – known as the “Grande Dame” of the Kingdom’s tourist sector – still exudes the spirit of those heady days, with Boun Kean encouraging people to soak up the glamor of the 1960s. 1960 in Cambodia “Golden Age”.

And the industry veteran said that since its construction in the Kingdom’s optimistic post-independence days, the Independence Hotel remains perfectly positioned to continue serving as “Sihanoukville’s landmark” as the development of the coastal city is preparing it for the 21st century.

Content Image - Phnom Penh Post
The resort is situated on 35 acres of unspoilt natural beauty.
Heng Chivoan

“I am very optimistic for the future of Sihanoukville. With its recent development, Sihanoukville is poised to become Cambodia’s next city for economy and finance – and of course tourism.

“Home to Cambodia’s largest port and with its position at the heart of ASEAN, Sihanoukville will continue to be a major driver of the Kingdom’s economy and, with its magnificent coastal location, will remain at the heart of tourism.

“With the deep-water harbor and its 35 islands – most just 20 minutes to an hour away by boat – the sea is integral to the importance and success of Sihanoukville.

“And Independence Hotel is the first thing you see when you come to the city from the sea – it’s the historical landmark of Sihanoukville,” Boun Kean said.

Comments are closed.