COVID-19 outbreak declared in Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare complex medical unit
A COVID-19 outbreak has been declared at the Hotel-Dieu Grace Healthcare complex medical care unit with four patients testing positive.
The Dr. Y. Emara Center for Healthy Aging and Mobility Unit 3 North outbreak was declared Friday afternoon.
HDGH officials say four patients have tested positive associated with the outbreak, two patients have since been discharged and two patients remain on site.
“HDGH continues to work closely with the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit. We thank them for their continued support as we work together to keep our patients and their families safe,” a hospital press release said.
Officials say the safety of staff, doctors, visitors and the community remains HDGH’s top priority.
The following outbreak measures have been put in place for 3 North:
- limit new admissions to 3N,
- temporarily suspend designated care partners on 3N,
- reinforced cleaning on 3N,
- provide in-room therapy for patients on 3N
- temporarily suspend students, contractors and non-essential staff on 3N
- reinforcing the importance of using personal protective equipment and systematic hand washing and respecting physical distancing.
HDGH asks members of the community not to call its inpatient units as staff need to remain focused on providing patient care, however, those with questions or concerns may submit them. in line.