Hotel-Dieu Grace Healthcare declares two new outbreaks of COVID-19
Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare on Wednesday declared two new outbreaks of COVID-19 in units in its Emara and Tayfour buildings.
To date, HDGH says 18 patients and 18 staff members have tested positive in the following outbreak units:
- 3 North (Dr. Y. Emara Center for Healthy Aging and Mobility)
- Rehab 3 (Tayfur Tower)
- Rehab 4 (Tayfur Tower)
- 2 South (Dr. Y. Emara Center for Healthy Aging and Mobility)
“Since the start of this pandemic, HDGH has taken decisive and immediate action in the face of the ever-changing dynamics of COVID-19 in our community,” reads a press release from the hospital. “The safety of our staff, our doctors, our visitors and our community as a whole is and will remain our top priority.”
The following outbreak measures have been put in place for outbreak units:
- Provide therapy as needed in therapy rooms for patients who are asymptomatic and able to wear a surgical mask during their therapy
- Students can continue to attend units and will also be provided with N95 masks and PPE as needed
- N95 masks are required when providing patient care in an outbreak unit, along with constant hand washing and maintaining physical distancing.
Anyone with questions or concerns can submit a question online.
The hospital will provide further information as it becomes available.